Kawanua Melbourne Australia Inc.
Kawanua Melbourne Australia Inc. (KMA) is an incorporated association of Indonesian Minahasan living in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.Kawanua people are Minahasan or Manadonese people who are originated from Minahasa region of North Sulawesi province in Eastern Indonesia with Manado is the provincial capital city. The term Kawanua is only for Minahasan people living outside Minahasa. "Ka" means "friend" and "wanua" means "one country" so "Kawanua" means "friend of one country".
Kawanua migrants who are studying, working and living in Melbourne realise the importance of maintaining and nurturing familial nature, mutual respect and understanding with the spirit and noble values of "Si Tou Timou Tumou Tou" (one lives to make others live as to nurture and educate others) and "Mapalus" (mutual aid).
We warmly welcome:
- all Kawanua living in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, and
- anyone who has special interests on our community, Minahasa, North Sulawesi and Indonesia,
"Pakatuan Wo Pakalawiren" (wishing you long life and good health)
We are registered as an Incorporated Association on 7 May 2019 with registration no A0106347G and in Australian Business Register since 26 June 2019 with ABN 45 633 138 093.
- Kawanua Melbourne is Indonesian Minahasan people who live in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia for generations, who are descended from, or related to, the people and the land of Minahasa.
- Kawanua Melbourne has Minahasan values of "Si Tou Timou Tumou Tou" and "Mapalus" in fostering relationships between members.
- Kawanua Melbourne maintains Indonesian values of Pancasila and UUD 1945 Constitution in fostering relationships with other people of Indonesia and the Indonesian government.
- Kawanua Melbourne understands the Australian Values Statement and Australian culture in fostering relationships with the local Australian community.
- Kawanua Melbourne fosters and upholds the trust, honesty and good ethics.
- Kawanua Melbourne is social and familial.
- Kawanua Melbourne is non-profit, non-governmental and non-political.
- Kawanua Melbourne is a form of community association covering the entire territory of Victoria, Australia and its existence is recognized by the government of the Republic of Indonesia and the government of Australia.
- Fostering unity and integrity of its members and foster mutual respect and understanding in a familial manner.
- Playing an active role in developing Kawanua Melbourne people who are critical, creative and responsible.
- Playing an active role in promoting Minahasan arts and culture in Australia.
- Fostering close relationships and harmony with fellow Indonesians and Australian local communities.
- Demonstrating an open attitude to assimilate with the Australian people, culture and social values.
- Respect for the equal worth, dignity and freedom of the individual
- Freedom of speech
- Freedom of association
- Freedom of religion and secular government
- Support for parliamentary democracy and the rule of law
- Equality under the law
- Equality of men and women
- Equality of opportunity, regardless of race, religion or ethnic background
- A spirit of egalitarianism that embraces mutual respect, tolerance, fair play, compassion for those in need and pursuit of the public good
Chairperson: Connie Rotinsulu
Secretary: Adhi Utomo (former: Jeffry Liando)
Treasurer: Sania Petryk
Vice Treasurer: Krisna Liando
Community Social and Spiritual Development: Sherly Mentang, Defin Pangkey, Stella Sanchez, Vany Koloay
Art and Culture: Liesa Hewitt (Dance), Royke Moniaga (Kolintang)
Children and Youth: Brainly Sondakh, Merry Moniaga
Second Generation: Meggie Cornelis and Michelle Pangemanan
Migrant Network, Employment and Empowerment: Jerry Pontonuwu, Richard Walukow
Sport and Outdoor Activities: Al Mortyn
Logistics: Lily Karaki
Public Relation: Wayne Hancock
Creative Economy: Vivy Lumowa, Yanti Zipora
Advisory Board: Eddy Kalesaran, Albert Lengkong, Lucky Kalonta, Frans Lasut, Willie and Yoke Cornelis, Eddy and Nieke Pangemanan, Edu Pangemanan
Chairperson: Join Kullit
Vice Chairperson: Jeffry Liando
Secretary: Connie Rotinsulu
Vice Secretary: Klaudio Hosang
Treasurer: Michelle Pangemanan
Vice Treasurer: Dian Sumolang
Event Coordinator: Liesa S
Creative Economy: Sania Petryk
Internal Affairs: Regina Kuntag
Public Relation: David Komaling
Funding Empowerment: Meggie Tarquinio
Advisory Board: Lucky Kalonta; Albert Lengkong; Eddy Kalesaran